We couldn’t be more excited to share our first male influencer at Poppy and Seed—Light Watkins. His dedication to meditation and educating others makes him a true Eternal Student. We found out about Light after checking out The Shine Movement and felt so moved by his presence.
Light has been operating in the meditation space for over 15 years. He’s based in Santa Monica, CA, but he travels the world teaching everyone from bankers, artists, and politicians, to CEOs, care takers, and comedians how to meditate in a self-sufficient way. To date, he’s personally taught meditation to close to 2,000 people. Light is also author of The Inner Gym book series, a regular contributor to MindBodyGreen, a TEDx speaker, and founder of The Shine Movement.
1. Daily meditation. BeginMeditating.com is how you can learn to meditate and receive accountability in your practice.
2. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. Steven Covey’s book is a classic and helps me prioritize my time in the most efficient way possible.
3. The Shine. A monthly event that leaves you feeling inspired and wanting to do more, be more and give more in life.
4. My primary relationships. It takes a village to raise a child, and also to live a full, meaningful life.
5. Ninja training with Travis Brewer.
6. My girlfriend’s Pug, PeeWee.
7. Blue Apron. Home-cooked, restaurant quality meals with the exact proportion of ingredients. Can’t beat that.