Today, Dr. Natasha Beck MPH, Psy.D (more commonly known as Dr. Organic Mommy) joins THE FULLEST Podcast to chat about pregnancy, parenting, and non-toxic living. She holds a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, specializing in pediatric neuropsychology, and a Master’s in Public Health, specializing in child and family health.
Dr. Natasha Beck took a deep dive into holistic living when her 7-week-old son was hospitalized due to a bacterial infection. This catapulted Dr. Beck into her current career, where she raises awareness and helps change environmental toxins policies. She aims to help every family make healthy decisions, drawing on her experience as a mom and parenting expert. Her parenting expertise combines Waldorf, Montessori, and RIE philosophies tied into cognitive-behavioral and play therapy. Not to mention, Dr. Organic Mommy is a non-profit, and all proceeds go directly to charity.
Topics we discuss:
- Environmental & social toxins
- Socialization & emotional connection
- Stages of development
- The Gift of Time: Homeschooling, Waldorf, Montessori, & RIE philosophies
- Playtime, downtime, screentime, car time, travel, music, introspection, & appreciation for beauty
- How to have a healthy conversation with your children about food, how to set an example, & 10 ways to get your kids to love healthy eating
- Red dye
- Pregnancy & toxins
- Contact naps, co-sleeping, & nursing
Parents, remember that the days may be long, but the years are short. It is never too late to make the change to a non-toxic lifestyle; start with one swap at a time. Begin this journey by tuning into this healthy and uplifting conversation!