This glyphosate-free and organic take on Goldfish comes from our favorite clean baby food company, Yumi. We syndicated this cheesy cracker recipe from their newly released cookbook, First Bites: A Science-Based Guide to Nutrition for Baby’s First 1,000 Days. First Bites offers nutrition + development insight, pregnancy dishes for expecting mamas, basic blends for infants starting solids, and tantalizing finger foods for toddlers. It’s a resourceful guide for all parents!
These golden crackers have just the right amount of spice to taste-train your tot’s palate — kids and adults love them. Grab them by the handful (guilt-free)!
- 1 cup organic einkorn flour
- 5 tablespoons organic nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided in half
- ¼ teaspoon organic garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon organic turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon organic paprika
- 6 tablespoons raw cultured butter, room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a kitchen mixer with a paddle attachment, combine all ingredients except for ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Blend on medium speed until the mixture begins to crumble.
- Add 1 to 4 tablespoons cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until a dough forms. You shouldn’t need more than 4 tablespoons of water for a good dough.
- Remove the dough from the kitchen mixer and roll it out between 2 sheets of parchment paper to prevent sticking. You want the dough to be about ¼-inch thick.
- Using a fish-shaped cookie cutter (or whatever other shapes you have) cut the dough and line up the shapes on the baking sheet. Sprinkle the remaining salt.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, until the bottoms of the crackers turn golden brown.
- Let cool and serve.
Yields approximately 35 crackers.
Yumi believes that a healthier generation begins with healthier food. Delivering nationally since 2019, Yumi is the leading health and food sciences company focused on intelligently-designed, science-backed meals, snacks and vitamins for every stage of development. To ensure peak nutrition and flavor in every bite, Yumi employs a team of experts that includes nutritionists, pediatricians, metabolic health experts and James Beard Award-winning chefs. With over 100 organic ingredients across its menu, Yumi’s extensive line-up includes blends, finger foods and snacks delivered right to your doorstep. All Yumi products are organic, vegan, gluten-free, non-GMO, and kosher, and the brand is certified by the Clean Label Project.