Persian New Year is just around the corner, and in honor of this spring celebration, we will be sharing one of our favorite dishes to enjoy with friends and family — and of course, it involves saffron! This pan-seared chicken, a staple in traditional Persian cooking, is simple but sure to wow the crowd — no matter what you pair with it.
- 1 lb organic pasture-raised chicken breast
- 2 generous pinches ground Strands of Sunshine™ saffron threads
- 2 tbsp organic olive oil
- Juice of half an organic lemon
- 2 cloves organic garlic, grated
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: add Mindful Immunity™ super protection syrup
- Make saffron tincture: place saffron in a small cup and add a splash of hot filtered water and stir until dissolved
- Place all the chicken breasts in a pyrex dish and marinate with salt and pepper, 1 tbsp of olive oil, juice of half a lemon, grated garlic
- Let it marinate for at least 10 minutes
- When you’re ready to cook the chicken, place 1 tbsp of olive oil in a stainless steel or cast iron skillet. Heat the rest of the olive oil in the skillet over medium heat and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. Work in batches and you may need to add a little more oil as you go.
- Place all the chicken breasts on a serving platter, and sprinkle with some more Strands of Sunshine™ saffron threads and drizzle our Mindful Immunity™ super protection syrup over the chicken
- Enjoy this alongside other veggie and grain dishes.
Nikki Bostwick is the Founder and Editor in Chief of THE FULLEST and host of THE FULLEST Podcast. She has always been passionate about providing wellness content that offers a perspective outside the mainstream narrative — one that is holistic, diverse, and inclusive. Since launching, Nikki has grown THE FULLEST to include a digital platform, a podcast, a botanical product line, and a wholesale business alongside her amazing team. Nikki has been in the wellness scene for 10+ years — after receiving a B.S. in Entrepreneurship, she studied plant-based foods at Matthew Kenney Culinary, is reiki & yoga certified, and has traveled with wellness pioneer, David Wolfe, to Peru and Iceland.