Today Marc Sklar aka The Fertility Expert joins us for an in depth and insightful discussion. As a natural fertility specialist he has seen firsthand the impact that lifestyle and functional medicine approaches can have on a woman’s journey to motherhood — especially if you are supported and empowered.
In addition to his Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, Marc trained at the Harvard Medical School, Mind/Body Medical Institute. He is the co-author of Secret to Conception and a Fellow of the American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine and Medical Advisor for Natural Health International.
If you or someone you know is ready to start a family, The Fertility Expert can help and this episode is definitely worth a listen and/or a share.
Topics we cover:
- Marc’s path to becoming a fertility specialist
- Moving from a pre-med degree to becoming sick before arriving in his acupuncture and functional medicine career
- Shared burden between doctors and patients to figure out root causes
- Our conditioning to think that fertility issues relate to reproductive system only rather than other aspects of health
- 70-80% of people doing IVF are doing it prematurely because they’re sent before deeper investigation
- IVF has a time and place and there’s nothing wrong with it but it’s expensive and can be challenging
- Lack of research around Covid, vaccines, and fertility
- The importance of choosing organic when it comes to food, alcohol, and CBD
- Marc’s thoughts on pelvic steaming
- Removing fear from sex education and better education around birth control
- Believing in your body’s ability to have children