This recipe comes to us from our friends at Owl Venice, one of our very favorite bone broth and wellness brands based in, you guessed it, Venice, California. Increasingly, we’re all aware of the importance of gut health and the power of bone broths to help us heal our “second brain”. However, bone broths don’t need to be watery liquids that you sip on — they can also be used in delicious and hearty meals from salads to soups and even gnocchi (like this recipe!). This particular dish uses their turkey broth, but OWL also offers chicken, beef, bison, and vegan mineral Broth Elixirs sold throughout LA county. So, if the turkey is not your thing — you definitely have options. Honestly, this is one of our most loved bone broth recipes, and we hope you also enjoy a true healing dish.
Ingredients for Gnocchi:
- 1 small organic pumpkin or 2 cups organic canned pumpkin
- 2 tbsp cold-pressed, organic olive oil
- ¼ tsp organic ground cloves
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups organic gluten-free flour blend
- 1 tbsp organic arrowroot starch
- 2 tbsp organic ghee
- 4 cups organic fresh arugula
Ingredients for Cashew Arugula Sauce:
- 1 cup organic raw cashews
- ⅓ cup turkey broth *heated*
- 1 cup organic arugula
- ½ cup organic fresh parsley leaves
- ⅓ cup cold-pressed, organic olive oil
- ¼ tsp organic ground cloves
- ½ organic lemon *juiced*
- Sea salt + pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375℉. Prepare your pumpkin by coring and slicing it into smaller segments. Add to a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil, cloves, sea salt and pepper. Roast for 35-40 minutes.
- Once the pumpkin is cooked, remove the skin, add to a food processor, puree and set aside. Lay some parchment paper on your work surface, and add your GF flour, arrowroot starch and sea salt and pepper. Mix with your hands, and then add in your pumpkin puree. Knead with your hands until your gnocchi dough is formed. Dust with more flour if needed.
- With a gnocchi board, form each gnocchi by grabbing a small amount of the dough and rolling it out on the board.
- In a skillet, melt the ghee. Add in your gnocchi and saute for about 8 minutes until all sides are golden brown. Add in your arugula and toss for another 1-2 minutes.
- Make your arugula cashew cream sauce by first heating up some turkey broth on the stove. Add the arugula, cashews, parsley, cloves, warm broth, lemon juice, and sea salt to a food processor. Blend until smooth and drizzle in some olive oil.
- Serve your gnocchi on a bed of arugula cashew cream sauce and garnish with some pepper.
*This recipe is syndicated, and the original article is first published here.
OWL stands for One Whole Life and comes from founder Lindsey’s personal journey to health. Lindsey began a diet geared to treat GAPS (Gut and Psychology Syndrome), incorporating bone broth as a healing agent. After struggling to find pre-made broth void of common allergens, Lindsey began making her bone broth with locally-sourced bones and an array of herbs and veggies. Through months of testing and development, she created a broth recipe that tasted more like tea than a traditional stock, OWL’s signature flagship product.