Dr. Will Cole joins us today to discuss our physical and emotional health. A leading functional-medicine expert who consults people around the globe, Dr. Will Cole started one of the first functional medicine telehealth centers over a decade ago. Named one of the top 50 functional and integrative doctors in the nation, he has been heralded for his approach to thyroid issues, autoimmune conditions, hormonal imbalances, digestive disorders, and brain problems. His latest book, Gut Feelings, is now available for pre-order, and as you’ll hear in this episode, it covers both physiological and emotional healing practices to support the gut.
Topics we cover:
- Dr. Will Cole’s journey to functional medicine
- Gut health as a major player in overall health
- The importance of clinical labs and work to achieve optimal health
- His concept of shame-flammation and the way emotions and stress can impact inflammation in the body as much as the food we eat
- Toxic diet culture, canceling health professionals, and trolling masked as body positivity
- Dr. Will Cole’s thoughts on alcohol, hormone replacement therapy & bringing compassion to the areas of health we avoid looking at
We are longtime fans and friends of Dr. Will Cole, and if you loved this episode, you can also catch Nikki on his podcast, The Art Of Being Well, where she discusses her journey with orthorexia and more. We’re also happy to announce you can find THE FULLEST products now sold in Dr. Will’s patient portal. Happy listening!
This episode is sponsored by Organic Olivia. For 10% off your first purchase, use code THEFULLEST at checkout. (10% off for first-time purchasers; one-time use only!)
This episode is sponsored by Realm of Experience, an online directory of trusted healers. Learn more at realmofexperience.com.