We’re excited to welcome one of our favorite organic and sustainable brands, Holy Lamb Organics, to THE FULLEST Podcast. Jason Schaefer is the owner of Holy Lamb, a bedding and mattress company that carries on a centuries-old tradition of making beautiful textile products by hand. Combining heritage methods with pristine natural and organic materials and sustainable business practices, they bring a dedication to healthy living and the environment to a time-honored approach. Jason himself entered the organic mattress industry after his wife Mindy was having health issues. At the time, they never thought it was tied to the memory foam mattress they had recently purchased. They assumed it was linked to allergies — and tried everything under the sun. After swapping out the mattress, Mindy felt better overnight and by the end of the week, she was back to her normal self. It was a painfully obvious “ah ha!” moment, but it changed the course of their lives. Now they run Holy Lamb Organics, trying to help people find healthier sleep options and are both a wealth of knowledge and deeply passionate about their business.
A few things that we chat about:
- A very cool brand origin story that is the definition of a grassroots business
- The naturally antimicrobial benefits of wool
- Sheep’s grazing ability to help with wildfires
- The grisly history of polyester and its flame retardants
- Navigating the line between financially and environmentally responsible
- The truth about “recycled” plastics and materials
- The difference between other “eco” mattresses and Holy Lamb
Tune in and we guarantee you’ll be inspired to make the swap to organic wool for yourself, family, and our planet!