Barrett Prendergast is back at it again with this delightful frittata recipe that’s easing us out of late summer and into fall with its fluffy texture and nourishing garden veggies. As a mom and founder of multiple lifestyle companies, Barrett is our go-to for recipes that are super simple, truly delicious, and family-friendly — give this one a go and check out the rest of Barrett’s recipes here.
Frittata with Tomato, Baby Broccoli, and Goat Cheese
- 1 tablespoon cold-pressed, organic olive oil
- 6 pastured organic eggs, whisked with a splash of whole milk
- 1 small organic shallot, peeled and minced
- ½ cup of an organic tomato of choice, diced (I used a vine-ripened tomato)
- ⅓ cup organic baby broccolini, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons organic goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon organic fresh dill, roughly chopped
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In an 8-10 inch cast iron or nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallot and broccoli, stir to coat and cook for a minute or two until the shallot begins to soften and become translucent. Add the tomato, season with sea salt and black pepper, and stir to combine. Continue cooking for a few minutes until the tomatoes break down a bit.
- Season your whisked eggs and milk with some sea salt and pour them over the sautéed mixture. Turn off the heat. Add small dollops of the goat cheese all over the eggs and finish with a sprinkle of chopped dill, a little sea salt, and some black pepper.
- Put the pan into the oven and cook for another 6-8 minutes or until the center of the frittata has set.
- Remove the pan from the oven and serve hot.
Barrett Prendergast is the founder of luxury gifting company, Valleybrink Road, which has been featured in publications such as Martha Stewart, Marie Claire, Sunset Magazine, C Magazine, Food & Wine, and Goop. She also shares all things family, food, and motherhood on her lifestyle blog, Barrett and The Boys. You can also check out her pod episode here!