In this episode, we welcome Kelly LeVeque, a holistic nutritionist, wellness expert, and celebrity health coach, and — most importantly — a mom of two little boys based in Los Angeles, California. As the founder of Be Well, a company that grew out of Kelly’s lifelong passion for health, the science of nutrition and overall wellness, Kelly knows the challenges and gifts that come with being a working mom. However, as you’ll hear in this episode, Kelly has a practical and always optimistic approach to navigating the balance between business and motherhood. She also shares a ton of tips to help moms of young kids (and busy people of all life stages) manage everything from cooking to time management.
Some topics we cover:
- The importance of balancing blood sugar to stabilize mood and hormones — not only for you but also those around you (especially your kids)
- Her Fab Four formula which ensures you’re stabilizing your hunger and mood at each meal
- Understanding sleep deprivation is part of early motherhood and supporting yourself with tools to minimize its impact
- Her focus on easy nutritious cooking and her love of techniques over recipes
- Teaching kids and husbands a few simple recipes to take the pressure off working moms
- Learning to create a fluid schedule that also incorporates time blocking as needed
- Aligning your family values with actions to prioritize the things that really matter
It was lovely to get insight into both Kelly and Nikki’s journey as entrepreneurs and working moms. If you’ve got young kids, have a busy lifestyle, or are generally interested in simple and easy nutrition to support your mood and lifestyle — this one is definitely worth a listen!
This episode is sponsored by Organic Olivia. For 10% off your first purchase, use code THEFULLEST at checkout. (10% off for first time purchasers; one-time use only!)