It’s not surprising that we fell head over muffin trays for these refined sugar-free, grain-free, dairy-free, soy-free, and gluten-free choc chip muffins from Panaceas Pantry. Not only do they tick all the boxes on our list of the perfect treat, they also include our most adored chocolate from alchemists, Loco Love. Make a batch of these for fluffy, melt in your mouth muffins for your loved ones this Valentine’s Day — or just for yourself!
- ½ cup Loco Love Mylk or Dark Chocolate Drops
- 1¼ cups organic, mashed, ripe banana
- ¾ cup organic plant milk of choice
- ¼ cup organic maple syrup
- ⅓ cup organic hulled tahini
- ½ cup organic coconut sugar
- 1⅓ cups organic cassava flour
- ¼ cup organic coconut flour
- 1 tsp ground organic ceylon cinnamon
- ½ tsp fine salt
- 2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 12 pan muffin tray with patty pans.
- Add banana, milk, maple syrup, tahini, and coconut sugar to a large mixing bowl and use a stick blender to blend until smooth. Alternatively, blend these ingredients and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Sift in the remaining dry ingredients (everything except the choc chips) and combine well. As these muffins contain no gluten do not fear overmixing — in this case – it’s actually better to over mix than under mix. Add chocolate chips and fold through.
- Spoon batter evenly between the 12 patty pans and bake for 25 minutes or until tested with a skewer (you want moist crumbs but no wet batter on the skewer). Allow muffins to cool in the tray for 5 minutes then carefully transfer each one to a wire rack to cool completely.
These muffins are best stored in the pantry covered with a clean tea towel and consumed within 2-3 days (air tight containers will cause them to become extra moist).
These are freezer friendly! Just wrap each individually and freeze, removing one whenever you like. Makes 12.
Emica Penklis is the founder of Loco Love. She has a storied past as a fashion designer, international model, naturopath, herbalist, and nutritionist. Emica has always loved chocolate, and after spending a decade peddling healthy sweet treats from her home kitchen and dreaming of a world where healthy chocolate was the norm, not the niche, Loco Love was born. Learn more about the actual magic of chocolate and Emica’s journey to build her truly beautiful business in her episode on THE FULLEST Podcast.