The Pineapple Collaborative is the most delightful mish mash of recipes, community, pantry staples, and events. It’s really unlike anything we’ve ever seen in the food space — perhaps the one uniting aspect between its different branches is joy.
These gals and guys manage to capture not just the joy of eating food — although they do that brilliantly — but also the joy of food as creative expression, connection, inclusion, and storytelling.
Stroll through their online platform and you’ll find a box of virtual recipes, in house products sustainably crafted from Californian crops, and interviews with some of the coolest and foodiest people around —including today’s recipe author Atara Bernstein.
Atara’s basically done us all a favor by helping us recreate a dish that feels like it’s come straight out of a Sicilian kitchen. Also, it can be done in two steps and is very versatile. We love it on toast but it’s also great in pastas, risottos, and on its own.
Cherry Tomato Confit Recipe
- 1 pint of organic cherry tomatoes
- The Olive Oil from Pineapple Collaborative
- Organic alliums of any kind (shallots, ramps, red onion, garlic, ramps)
- A handful of organic dried herbs (thyme, rosemary, fennel seed)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place cherry tomatoes, alliums, and herbs in an oven safe saucepan
- Cover with The Olive Oil
- Bake for 2 hours at 275°F
- Serve on organic sourdough toast, spread with organic sheep’s feta or goat cheese
And if you’re more of a visual learner, check out their Instagram video edition.