Growing up, my dad loved zucchini. The reason I know this is because I was never a fan. Once I became plant-based, it was almost expected of me to love eating mushrooms and zucchini but for some reason I couldn’t stand it unless the zucchini was made into a bread. For years, I didn’t touch zucchini, then oddly enough I became obsessed with it during my postpartum period. Since then, I always have zucchini squash on hand for our veggie dishes, scrambles, as a side dish, and more. Recently, we went on a family trip and I was inspired to make zucchini walnut bread. We found a traditional recipe but then made it our own with high quality, organic ingredients. Enjoy this one alongside a cup of tea or to accompany a simple meal!
- 1 ½ cups Organic Jovial Einkorn Flour
- ½ teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground Ceylon Cinnamon
- 2 hormone-free, antibiotic-free eggs
- 1 cup cold pressed organic olive oil
- 1 ⅛ cup organic coconut sugar
- ½ tablespoon organic vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated zucchini (about 2 small organic zucchinis)
- ½ cup chopped organic walnuts
- Use parchment paper to line one 8 x 4 inch Pyrex pan. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Beat pastured eggs, olive oil, vanilla extract, and coconut sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the liquid mixture and beat well.
- Stir in the zucchini and walnuts until well combined. Pour batter into bread pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and ten minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan and completely cool.
Nikki Bostwick is the Founder and Editor-in-Chief of THE FULLEST and host of THE FULLEST Podcast. She has always been passionate about providing wellness content that offers a perspective outside the mainstream narrative — one that is holistic, diverse and inclusive. Since launching, Nikki has grown THE FULLEST to include a daily digital platform, a weekly podcast, a botanical product line, and a wholesale business alongside her amazing team. She is also a mom of two, nestled in Newport Beach with her high school sweetheart and their Siberian Husky.