The State of Our Current Sleep Culture
Somewhere along the line, society decided that pulling an all-nighter, staying longer in the office, or working out before sunrise equaled productivity, promotions, or some other illusory concept of “success.” Hustle culture told us that if we weren’t working on our side gig after hours, we weren’t serious about our goals. And although there is definitely merit in discipline and determination — there is also a flipside to all that go-getter energy. It’s called being really, really tired and/or really, really wired.
What Is Its Effect On Our Bodies?
Ironically, often the more we stay up into the wee hours, the more our minds go into overdrive — so when we do actually want to hit the pillow, our bodies are still back in the office, the bar, or tomorrow morning’s presentation.
Understandably, we reach for a stimulant to help us stay awake during the day — coffee being the most coveted pick me up. Then later the same day, we take a range of relaxants from melatonin to Ambien, in an often failed attempt to help us ground down. In fact, these can further disrupt our natural circadian rhythm leaving us stuck in a cycle of poor sleep hygiene.
Sadly, sleep deprivation isn’t just about a poor night’s sleep; it’s actually affecting our health in quite a serious way. The American Academy of Sleep Medicine and the Sleep Research Society has cited that “sleeping less than seven hours per day is associated with an increased risk of developing chronic conditions such as obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, and frequent mental distress.”
The other sucker punch about burning the midnight oil is that it doesn’t actually make you better at your job, passion project, or even performing basic human tasks like — driving. In fact, poor sleep over a long period of time can be the equivalent of being legally drunk.
Naturally Heal Your Sleep Cycle With This Anti-Ambien
Intuitively, we know that this is taking a toll on our bodies but also that the demands of modern life aren’t going away any time soon. Recently, we discovered female-founded CBD brand Juna and their Nightcap Sleep Drops and it was a true sleep-changing moment. Juna’s sleep tincture is formulated with CBD, CBN, passionflower, mint, and chamomile. You might be thinking you’ve tried CBD for sleep before and had no luck but here are a few reasons we’ve found Juna to be different to other CBD sleep aids on the market.
- Naturally optimize your sleep cycle and promote Stage 3 sleep — the category of sleep that allows your body, skin, and hair to repair themselves.
- It’s non-habit forming. Even in wellness, we are big believers in personal sovereignty meaning we never want to have an unhealthy dependence on anything — even natural products.
- Contains zero melatonin. One study stated “MIT scientists found even the lowest dose of melatonin supplement contains 10x more melatonin than what would be naturally produced by the human body and that taking melatonin for sleep leads to higher circulating levels of melatonin throughout the following day that further disrupts users circadian rhythms and created a hangover effect.”
- They adopt a farm-to-table philosophy and are USDA certified organic.
- It’s backed by scientific research and validated by real women’s experiences and testimonials.
How And When To Use Juna Nightcap Sleep Drops
For a deeply restorative and anti-aging sleep, Juna advises you to drop Nightcap under your tongue one hour before bed. Although you’re most likely going to see results from adding this into your nightly routine, they also encourage you to support your sleep cycle by also reducing screen time two hours before bed and lowering your thermostat to 68-70 degrees to prep your body for superior shut-eye. To best reset your internal rhythms, it’s also recommended to use the product cumulatively.
If you’re curious about natural ways to optimize and restore your sleep cycle, Juna is offering THE FULLEST readers 50% off their first month’s subscription and then 20% off every month thereafter. You can also schedule autoship for every 30, 60, or 90 days. Simply use code THEFULLEST at checkout. If you’re still unsure, check out Juna’s 4 night sleep trial for only $9.90 here.