I’ve always been into body scrubs. When I was younger, I opted for body scrubs over washes (although neither were of the clean or natural variety) and to this day, I prefer rinsing or bathing daily and using a scrub a couple times per week — when I feel like I need something more. For my face, I only use face oil and a warm washcloth in the mornings and evenings, but for my body I like to have something more coarse.
My husband drinks the ZenBunni Biodynamic Coffee in the mornings, so I opted for making this scrub using the leftover coffee grounds from our espresso machine. Here is the recipe I like to use but feel free to make it your own with different essential oils!
- 1 cup ZenBunni Biodynamic Coffee Grounds
- ½ cup organic, unrefined coconut oil
- ⅔ cup organic coconut sugar
- 4 drops Living Libations sandalwood essential oil (Santalum album from Australia is my favorite)
- 5 drops Living Libations vanilla essential oil (Vanilla planifolia)
- In a large bowl, add coffee grounds, coconut oil, coconut sugar, and essential oils.
- Stir well to combine.
- Store in a wide mouth glass container, but be careful with the glass in the shower!
Purchase two bags of ZenBunni Coffee and receive a free box of incense ($60 value for $30). Use code THEFULLEST at checkout.
Nikki Bostwick is the Founder and Editor-in-Chief of THE FULLEST and host of THE FULLEST Podcast. She has always been passionate about providing wellness content that offers a perspective outside the mainstream narrative — one that is holistic, diverse and inclusive. Since launching, Nikki has grown THE FULLEST to include a daily digital platform, a weekly podcast, a botanical product line, and a wholesale business alongside her amazing team. She is also a mom of two, nestled in Newport Beach with her high school sweetheart and their Siberian Husky.