This year, to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, Spring Equinox and Persian New Year, I’m sharing one of my favorite childhood recipes. This is a Persian take on a Frittata with greens, walnuts and barberries. It’s the perfect mix of savory with a bit of tart sweetness. I hope you enjoy it while gathered around family and friends!
- ½ cup chopped organic mint
- 1 cup sliced scallions
- 1 cup chopped organic spinach
- 1 ½ cup chopped organic dill
- 1 ½ chopped and organic cilantro with stems removed
- 6 large soy-free, hormone-free, antibiotic-free, and pastured eggs
- 2 tbsp Culina Coconut Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Organic Jovial Einkorn Flour
- ¾ tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp ground saffron threads
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp barberries
- 1 tbsp first cold pressed organic olive oil
- Turn on the oven at 350 Degrees.
- Add the sliced scallions, chopped cilantro and dill to a bowl, make sure they are patted dry.
- In a medium bowl add the eggs, coconut yogurt, einkorn flour, baking powder, salt and spices. Whisk for several minutes until blended.
- Add the egg mixture to the herbs. Use a wooden spoon to mix until all the herbs are well coated. Add walnuts and barberries. Stir to combine.
- Cover a 10-inch cast iron skillet with parchment paper. Coat the paper with olive oil, then add the herb and egg mixture. Top with extra barberries and walnuts.
- Cover the skillet with more parchment paper by folding down the paper along the edges and handles. Pierce 4 holes on paper.
- Bake in the oven for 25 to 35 minutes until the frittata is fully cooked. Uncover and cook for another five minutes.
- Let it cool and serve! I love offering additional coconut yogurt on the side to enjoy with it.
Nikki Bostwick is the Founder and Editor-in-Chief of THE FULLEST and host of THE FULLEST podcast. She helps formulate THE FULLEST product line, alongside our amazing team. She is a mom of two, nestled in Newport Beach with her highschool sweetheart and their Siberian Husky.