Moon Canyon’s founder and designer started the company while living adjacent to the canyon itself in Mt. Washington. Her wild and romantic style is informed by her love of hiking and yoga, poetry and music, Big Sur and New England. With 12 years of experience she’s not only worked with flowers in every form, but also extensively as a prop stylist and window display designer. Kristen can be found at most floral and design-relative events on the east side including the Echo Park Craft Fair as well as a variety of workshops she hosts.
When I started planning my wedding, I knew I wanted Kristen as my Florist. I hadn’t met her yet, but was a big fan of her work from stalking her instagram feed and pinterest. When I finally had the chance to meet her, I couldn’t help but feel a deep draw to her sweet, laid back energy. She manages to stay so calm and centered while she juggles her thriving business, being a new mom, and also a beloved wife. Kristen is a true talent. And her passion is what makes it all seem so effortless.
- Tata Harper Skincare// Rejuvenating serum – I have very sensitive skin and found that this brand is perfect for those who cannot deal with the harsh chemicals.
- Natura Spa – Go—no, run!—to Aatura for a soak and a scrub. LIFE CHANGING. I try to go every other week to soak, steam, scrub the world away.
- Paperwhites + Daffodils – This is one of my favorite flower seasons (and it’s hard to choose, really), but something that’s really bringing a smile to my face these days are paperwhites and daffodils. These are my favorite blooms. The scent is one from my childhood and always reminds me of the new year, the fresh start, and spring.
- Silverlake Ramen – This joint has an amazing veggie ramen and they are two blocks from my studio!
- Kamm Pants – I live in them. They hold it all in and make you look cute!
- Twin Peaks – I am obsessed with Twin Peaks. I’m not sure how I never saw it before, but I am now catching up to the rest of the world since it’s available on Netflix. Love this show and have such a crush on Agent Cooper.
- KUSC radio – I love listening to KUSC while driving or at home. Its nice to have something on in the background that feels inspired. My husband and I adore Jim Svejda. We fell in love listening to his evening show.