We find inspiration everywhere and often times it comes by way of our close friends. Such is definitely the case with Dana Schmalenberg the founding creative behind Gem + Remedy. We first discovered Dana’s work by way of our friend Lacy Philips. Dana’s work is so delicate and beautiful – it is right up our alley. Her creations are pure metaphysical alchemy- emphasizing both color and gem therapy properties.
Gem + Remedy are 100% silk (never nylon!) bracelets hand-made using the metaphysical theories of color and gemstone therapy. Each bracelets comes packaged in apothecary glass bottles with all of their intentions printed on the label so you’ll never forget what energies you’re drawing in! So cool.
Dana herself is also a working screenwriter. She’s sold screenplays to many of the top studios and has also collaborated on a bracelet line with Free People. She believes everything we create; a photograph, jewelry, a screenplay or even lunch, is imbued with the energy we hold when creating it and makes a conscious effort to honor that truth.
1. Meditation Bench – It takes the stress off my joints and allows me to sit comfortably in meditation. I keep mine out in the open to remind myself to use it!
2. Reserveage Organics Collagen Booster with Hyaluronic Acid and Resveratrol – The beautiful Lacy Philips of Free+Native turned me onto this. I truly noticed an improvement in the tone and texture of my skin.
3. Capelo Collection Hats – Speaking of skin, I am never without a hat in this California sun. It’s still the best way to protect your hair and skin from getting dried out and damaged. I like these hats best because not only is the company owned by a dear friend, but they are way sturdier than most palm hats you will find and I know the business is run with fairness and integrity.
4. Crystals, Gemstones and Minerals! – They truly enhance my life in so many ways. I always like to share a tip: to take your favorite crystal and place it on your pillow when you get out of bed in the morning. Then when you get into bed that night, hold it while remembering three positive memories of the day. I learned this practice from the hilarious, soulful and authentic…
5. Jacob Glass – I’ve been reading his books and listening to his lectures for a decade now. If David Sedaris taught New Thought it would probably sound a lot like this. Jacob calls himself “post-spiritual” and is a teacher of teachers. His recorded talks are sent all over the planet and have helped me immeasurably.
6. La Bella Figura Decouverte Under Eye Repair Serum – It’s all natural and it works, period. So many eye creams to choose from, but this has the highest quality of ingredients and no harsh chemicals. Plus it smells pretty!
7. Volunteer work – There is no better anti-depressant or beauty treatment in the world. Find something you believe in and can be of service to and show up. Trust me when I say you will benefit from service work even more than the people/organization you serve.